Velvety smooth raw cacao, cashew, vanilla and coconut cheesecakes
I learnt to make these when I was studying Culinary Nutrition at Leith’s School of Food and Wine in London with a chef called Jamie Rafferty who specialised in Raw and Fermented foods. These were so simple to make, looked beautiful and tasted divine.
Preparation time: 10 mins plus 1 hour setting
Makes: 6 portions
1. Weigh out all of your ingredients
2. Juice the lemon
3. Put the cacao butter and coconut oil into a bowl over a pan of simmering water and gently melt. Once melted, allow to cool
4. Add all the base ingredients in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds until the mix comes together
5. Split the base mix between your 6 moulds/ramekins/metal rings – place in the fridge to harden
6. Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over the top of a pan of gently simmering water until melted -
7. Blend the soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup and lemon juice in your food processor. Blitz for 30-45 seconds until smooth and velvety in consistency.
8. Add the cacao butter and coconut oil in a steady stream whilst the processor is running to get a smooth consistency
9. Transfer the mixture into a bowl with a spatula. Mix in the melted chocolate
10. Check taste – balance with maple syrup or lemon juice if needed
11. Spoon the mixture on top of your base – Leave in fridge to set
12. Decorate with pistachios, orange zest and cardamon